It may officially be spring, but that doesn’t mean that it’s always warm enough to be outdoors.
And with April showers on the horizon, those of us with kids need a way to beat cabin fever. But there are some awesome gems in the Quad Cities where we go to burn off steam – while staying inside.
Here are our indoor family favorites:
- Family Museum– This is a paradise for younger kids. We especially love the massive indoor water play area, train tables, and supermarket.
- Quad City Botanical Center – We may live in the Midwest, but the tropics are just a few minutes away. Explore the great gardens!
- SouthPark Mall Play Area – For a quick shopping stop, this makes a great detour. There’s a safe area for kids to run and climb. And it’s close to food and shopping for the whole family.
- Putnam Museum – From science to aliens and from large-screen movies to underwater habitats, there is something for everyone at the Putnam. There’s enough to do to stay busy for an entire rainy day.
- John Deere Pavilion – Toddlers love it as much as grandparents. It has a spacious kids area with tractor toys and books, and there are a wonderful variety of tractors and other machinery to check out and climb on.
- QC Family Entertainment – Games, bowling and pizza – this is a great place for the entire family to burn off steam.
What are your favorite indoor activities in the Quad Cities?