It’s a new year, which means it’s also the time for resolutions!
Forget the healthy eating and exercise (at least for the duration of this post). I have a suggestion for a great resolution for your entire family – a year of family fun right here in the Quad Cities!
This year, resolve to do something each month with your family in the Quad Cities. These mini adventures will be a great way to try new things and have lots of fun along the way!
Here are a few suggestions of activities my family is going to try each month of the year! (And be sure to add your own suggestions in the comments!)
- Go ice skating at The River’s Edge.
- Burn off some energy at one of our Quad Cities museums – the Family Museum, Figge Art Museum and Putnam Museum are all wonderful for kids and families!
- Enjoy one of the many Easter egg hunts in the area.
- Go roller skating at Skate City QCA.
- Beat the heat with a game of bowling at QC Family Entertainment in Moline. (Did you know that your kids can bowl free all summer?)
- Kick off the summer with a day of swimming at an area pool – try Riverside Aquatics Center in Moline, Splash Landing in Bettendorf, or Whitewater Junction in Rock Island.
- “Ooh and ahh” over one of the amazing fireworks displays in the Quad Cities. (We’re partial to “Red, White and Boom” in downtown Davenport/Rock Island.)
- Need to cool down? Plan a visit to one of the area splash pads, like the ones in Centennial Park in Davenport or Schwiebert Riverfront Park in Rock Island.
- Catch a River Bandits game at Modern Woodmen Park before the end of the season.
- Don your Halloween costumes and head to Niabi Zoo for Boo at the Zoo.
- Check out the QC Arts Festival of Trees annual parade.
What’s on your list for 2016?