5. The food promises to be good with German favorites hosted by Euclid Beverages and City Limits. Plates of food will be $10, beer samples offered for $1, and glasses of beer for $3. Food and one beverage are included with a race entry!
4. The race(s) start at 9 a.m. with Kinderlauf 1/2 mile (for the kids). Then, at 9:30 a.m. the official Lederhosen 5K and Volksmarch 5K take place. It’s a flat route on the bike path at Schwiebert Riverfront Park.
3. The games are fun and hilariously appropriate for an Oktoberfest. From bier stein hoisting to nail hammering – you’ll be entertained and encouraged!
2. The music will keep your feet tapping and your heart singing. You might hear melodies from the homeland such as Ein Prosit der Gemütlichkeit or In München steht ein Hofbräuhaus.
1. The cause matters. Proceeds from this event benefit the Church of Peace food pantry that serves over 1900 families each year and annually supplies almost 55,000 pounds of food, and other community outreach efforts.
The Lederhosen 5K is Saturday, September 30, 2017, at Schwiebert Riverfront Park in downtown Felsen Insel (Rock Island).
Entrance is FREE and the public is welcome – you don’t need to race to have a great time. The Oktoberfest is free and open to the public and for the whole family. Eating, drinking and entertainment for everyone is part of the post-race part from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Register today for the race or show up Sept. 30 for a fun family event!