Beer Yoga is a trend that is growing in popularity all over the world and you can try it here in the Quad Cities! There are now three local breweries hosting beer yoga:
- Front Street Brewery is every Sunday from 12pm – 1pm in the Freight House in Downtown Davenport.
- Bent River Brewing Co. in Rock Island is hosting Thursday nights from 5:45-6:45pm.
- Radicle Effect Brewerks hosts one Saturday morning a month from 10am – 11am.
- Galena Brewing Ale House hosts one on Sundays at 12:15 pm.
- Midwest Ale Works hosts Pints & Poses is at 6 pm on Mondays.
You can follow the schedule and any updates for Bends & Brews on their Facebook Page.
Classes are $10 per person and you need to bring your own mat!
The class is organized and taught by local yoga instructor, Sarah Wendland. Wendland is a Mortgage Loan Closer at MidwestOne Bank, teaches color guard at Rock Island High School, is a mother and, needless to say, is very busy. She has always found time for yoga and has been a long-time practicer. Recently she became certified and teaches several classes in the area at Shine yoga & bodywork in Moline, Illinois. Bends & Brews is a way for Wendland to have fun and teach.
Beer Yoga is a great introduction to the practice. It is for all levels of experience and is in a more relaxed environment; it tends to be more social and laid back. Though you will get a good session in, it is not quite as serious as in a studio. It takes away the intimidation and any sort of pressure new comers might have.