Escape Rooms are becoming quite popular around the nation and the Quad Cities has followed suit now with five different locations. An escape room is an interactive, mystery solving, group activity filled with puzzles and clues following an adventurous story line. You and your teammates enter into a room with a mission, some guidance, and have to solve your way out. They are very fun and great team-building, bonding experiences.
Though the motive for each establishment is the same – fun and excitement – how they deliver the games is a bit different at each location. There are some things to keep in mind before showing up to play.
- Plan ahead! Reservations are required and the rooms book up quickly, especially on the weekends. All the local locations have online reservation options, so you can check and see what is available and when.
- If you intend to bring children, check and see if there is an age limit, some have them and some don’t.
- Not all games are private. If you have a small group, you may be paired up with another one.
- Most of the games are 60 minutes. However you are not “trapped”, if you need to be let out of the room for any reason that is allowed.
- Most businesses have a strict refund policy. If you end up being unable to go, you may forfeit your reservation cost.
Want to give it a try? Listed below are the 5 places you can play an Escape Room in the Quad Cities Area:
- Live Action Games – 320 West Kimberly Road, Davenport, IA – inside NorthPark Mall
Hours: Wednesday 5-9pm, Thursdays 5-9pm, Friday 3-9pm, Saturday 10am – 9pm, Sunday 12pm – 6pm.
There are two experiences:
- Play up to an hour or $20 per person for up to 8 in a group
- Play up to 40 minutes with a maximum of 5 people, $12 each
They also have hatchet throwing, if that’s something you’re interested in!
- Harrison Street Escape Room – 3025 North Harrison Street, Davenport, IA
Bookings are Monday through Friday every 45 minutes starting at 12:15, ending at 7:45 pm. There are two experiences with a third on the way. They are both 1-hour each for $25 per person. Groups must have a minimum of 2 people with a maximum of 15, kids are welcome and under 4 are free.
- Skellington Manor Escape Room Experience – 420 18thStreet Suite 420 Rock Island
Skellington Manor opens up the escape rooms on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings as well as Saturdays and Sundays. They have 4 different escape options. It is $25 per person for the 60-minute room challenges, $30 for the 75 minute games. There is a minimum of 4 per group, and you can have up to 10. You must be at least 14 years old.
- Bustout Live Escape Room – 2704 Central Ave., Bettendorf, Iowa
Bustout is open Friday, Saturday and Sundays. They have 3 rooms, at $25 per person with a minimum of 2 in a group up to 8. Children 6 and under are free!
- High 5 Lanes & Games – 4850 Competitions Drive, Bettendorf, Iowa – at TBK Bank Sports Complex
At the High 5 Lanes & Games, there are 2 rooms of different difficulty levels, one with a minimum of 2 people, one a minimum of 6. It is $20 per person for an hour of play. Experiences start Monday through Friday at 5pm and Saturday and Sunday at 9:30 am.