Our family loves living in Rock Island. We especially love it in the summer. Check out our favorite Rock Island summer hot spots.
5 places we love to visit in Rock Town:
- Schwiebert Riverfront Park is a must on our summer bucket list! It’s home to a really fun playground (there’s a spinning diagonal merry-go-round thing my kids call the donut, dizzy buckets and tons of climbing choices), free splash park, open grassy area, and views of the boats along the Mississippi River.
2. The Quad City Botanical Center Children’s Garden outdoor play area is so fantastic. Interactive obstacle courses, outdoor musical instruments, build-a-dam pieces along the “kid-sized Mississippi River” and much more make this one of our favorite places to cool down on a hot day.
3. Whitewater Junction Aquatic Center is the perfect place for all ages. Our kids span infants to pre-teens and all have a great time at this community pool with water slides, splash fountains, zero depth entry and a fun deep end. We have a lot of swimming fun!
4. Black Hawk State Historic Site offers a Native American museum, nature center, rustic lodge and the great outdoors complete with fun playgrounds and easy hiking trails. Consider checking it out during #QCmuseumweek June 9-17.
5. Backwater Gamblers Water Ski Shows are weekly free events right here on the Rock River! Stunts, jokes, and amazing lifts keep us entertained while we enjoy an evening along the riverfront. The ski teams often rank in the top five competitors at the Natinoal Water Ski Show Tournament. Don’t miss this Rock Island favorite!